Simple XML Slideshow/Banner Rotator. Easy to use. Just 5$ [+]
- This is the read me file for the BannerRotator
AS3 component. It was used opensource flex sdk
version 4.5.1 to develop this component.
- The structure is based on OOP concepts so the
code can be modified and new things can be added
easily because it is modular.
- Use the settings.xml file to change way of things
appear on the component.
- You can format the title, banner and buttons text.
For example change font, size, color,
style(bold, italic, underlined), selectable and alignment.
- This component have 3 appearance modes, "text-image",
"image-text" and "image". The name tells it self,
"text-image" is for text on left, image on right,
"image-text" is vice versa and "image" mode is showing
one big image on whole component. Use the placing tag
in setting.xml to change mode.
- You can use the "image" only mode when you can edit
you images so you wont need the text fields separately.
You should edit the images in the "image" only mode to
be 600 x 240 pixels.
- As for the "text-image" and "image-text" modes, the
images should be 270 x 200 pixels. You can add images
with different sizes than these but they will be
streched or squezed.
- You can show/hide various parts of the component,
for example the previous and next buttons, the play/pause
button and the separator. Also you can additionally hide
the title. The only thing you cannot hide is the
banner text. Use the delay tag to adjust time between
different banners. The best is 8/10/15 seconds, lowest is 3.
- You can apply different colors on the component,
for example change the color of the background,
color of the bar with buttons, but also you can change
colors of the buttons.
- Use buttonsColor states: up, down, over and out to
change colors of the 4 main button states. Use colors
in format 0xRRGGBB which is red-green-blue hexadecimal
representation of the color. Example would be 0xff00ff,
Red = ff, Green = 00, and Blue = ff
- Besides that you can edit title and banner text for
each banner, you can also add a link on the image and
it can be different for each banner. Also you can
specify the type of the link: _self, _blank, _top, _parent.
_self is to load the page in same window, _blank
is to open new window.
Number of Banners
- You can add up to 20 banners. If you add more they
will not be shown. This component is for fast and easy
use when several banners do you job so no more than 20
is neccasary. The circle buttons are always placed in
the middle of the bar and they cannot be hidden like
the previous and next buttons.
HTML tags in the xml file
- You can use the CDATA tags to add html tags to the
title or the banner text, like this:
Visit the settings.xml file for this example. You can
add also other tags like p, div, font etc...
- Use index.html page that is shipped, to embed this
component into your page. Also dont forget to include
the swfobject.js file into your website for embeding.
Use CSS to style the text
- Use the style.css file to add style to all banners
for the banner text and the title text. But remeber
to wrap the html tags into CDATA tags because the
component will not work properly. Once added the style
applies to the tags given.
Files shipped with package
- In the package you have the BannerRotator.swf which
is the main file and also several other files like,
*.as files, index.html, swfobject.js etc... The *.as
files can be used to add new stuff to the component
but it must be comppiled with flex sdk 4.5 and above
in order to work. So If you need only the swf you will
need also the style.css the images folder and settings.xml
- For embeding you will need expressInstall.swf, index.html
and the swfobject.js file.
- If you get some security issue that you cannot loadthe component becuase of some access permissions go to this page http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html and add the locations where the player will be loaded from.
- Dont forget to preview the samples below on this page. There
two more with changed settings.xml file. Images used in the samples wer created by the Halo 3 ODST image creator
- If you have any questions or suggestions please
email me at spinnerbox2000 [at] gmail [dot] com.
Nice flashing by the way or visit my components page at
Developed by SpinnerBox CopyRight © 2012