Playing a Flash Movie Backwards - Step Eight: Setting up the Controller on the Main Stage
Posted by : PhilS on Jul 30, 2008
- Go back to the main stage by clicking on the scene 1 button:
- Open your Library: Window - Library
- Select frame 2, Back layer.
Drag your Controller MC onto the stage. You can put it any place you like as it is invisible when you test the movie or view it in a web page. In Flash, an invisible Movie Clip looks like this: If it is highlighted it will have a cross in the middle.
By placing the controller in frame 2, it does not exist in frame 1.
If the controller has been looping, and the main time line going backwards, when the main play head reaches frame 1 the controller does not exist. The loop will have stopped. If the viewer clicks on the play button, the play head on the main stage will go to frame 2 and play. The controller play head will be by default on frame 1. As there is a 'stop' in that frame the loop does not play.
- For the back button to instruct the controller to play, the controller must have a name. If the controller is not selected, click on it with the Arrow tool .
- Open the Property panel: Window - Properties
Where it says Instance Name, type: control
The controller is now ready for action.